carciofi sott olio fatti in casa da benedetta If you love artichokes, then you will love this recipe for carciofi sott olio! This dish is a traditional Italian appetizer made with artichokes that are preserved in olive oil. My nonna (grandma) used to make this dish all the time when I was growing up, and I have fond memories of eating it. This dish is perfect for those who want to enjoy the artichoke season all year long! And what’s even better, it’s super easy to make at home.
In this blog article, Benedetta shares her family’s recipe for carciofi sott olio. This dish is a traditional Italian appetizer made with artichokes that are preserved in olive oil.
What are Carciofi Sott Olio?
Carciofi sott olio are a traditional Italian dish made with artichokes that are preserved in olive oil. This dish is typically served as an appetizer or side dish, and can be enjoyed either hot or cold. Benedetta’s home-made recipe for carciofi sott olio is a simple and delicious way to enjoy this classic Italian dish.
To make this recipe, you will need:
4-6 fresh artichokes
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Start by trimming the artichokes. carciofi sott olio fatti in casa da benedetta Cut off the stem so that the artichoke can stand upright, then cut away
2. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, white vinegar, garlic clove, salt, and black pepper.
3. Place the artichokes in a clean jar or container and pour over any remaining marinade. Seal tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving. Enjoy these delicious preserved artichokes as an appetizer or side dish!
How to Make Carciofi Sott Olio
1) 1.5 kg of artichokes
2) 1 head of garlic
3) 2 bay leaves
4) 1 sprig of rosemary
5) 1 tbsp of coarse salt
6) 500 ml of olive oil
7) 2 lemons
8) 200 ml of white wine vinegar
1) Fill a large pot with water and add the artichokes, garlic, bay leaves, rosemary and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
2) Remove the artichokes from the pot carciofi sott olio fatti in casa da benedetta with a slotted spoon and place them in a bowl of ice water. Let them sit for 10 minutes.
Using a spoon, remove the choke from each one.
3) Place the artichoke hearts in a sterilized jar. Add the olive oil, lemons and vinegar.
carciofi sott olio fatti in casa da benedetta The Ingredients
To make Benedetta’s home-made carciofi sott olio, you will need:
-6 large artichokes
-2 lemons, juiced
-Salt and pepper to taste
First, wash the artichokes and cut off the tough outer leaves. Cut the artichokes in half and scoop out the hairy choke in the center. Rub each artichoke half with a lemon wedge to prevent browning.
Next, peel and thinly slice the garlic. Chop the parsley leaves.
In a large jar or container, place the artichoke halves in rows, interspersing them with slices of garlic and sprigs of parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
Benedetta’s home-made carciofi sott olio are best served at room temperature or slightly warmed. Enjoy as part of an antipasti platter with other cured meats and cheeses, or as a simple side dish.
1. Start by thoroughly washing the artichokes. Cut off the tough outer leaves and trim the stem to about 1-2 inches.
2. Next, cut the artichokes in half and scoop out the choke in the center.
3. Fill a large pot with water and add 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
6. To make the olive oil mixture, combine equal parts olive oil and vinegar with some garlic cloves, salt, and pepper to taste.
7. Pour this mixture over the artichokes in the jars, making sure they are completely covered.
carciofi sott olio fatti in casa da benedetta Tips and Tricks
– Rinse the artichokes and cut off the tough outer leaves. Cut the artichokes in half lengthwise and scoop out the choke with a spoon.
– Place the artichokes in a bowl of acidulated water (water with lemon juice) to prevent them from browning.
– In a large pot, bring some water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt.
– Place the cooked artichokes in a jar or container, making sure to pack them tightly.
– Pour olive oil over the artichokes, making sure that they are completely covered.